As outlined in Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code, COHA pledges that all donors to the Central Okanagan Hospice Association have the following rights:
- To be informed of COHA’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board of directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate knowledge and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from the organization's mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
This is our pledge to you!